Most of my information comes from the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport's Public Libraries page.
1911 building superseded by the Old Town Hall in 1979, ostensibly due to size constraints.
Part of the Elgin County library system.
Photo postcard may date to the 1930s.
Surprisingly, Aylmer has a sizable Amish population.
Built in 1904, this Carnegie building has the weird distinction of becoming an instructional building of Wilfrid Laurier University. (Wikipedia claims it was demolished.)
The Valentine & Sons' card was printed in the USA and mailed in 1924.
1902 grant. Reminiscent of US ideas, this T.J. Wilson building was demolished by 1983.
(L) Several people gather, shown on this Warwick & Rutter postcard.
(R) Pretty, arty view by The Post Card & Greeting Card Co., Ltd., of Toronto.
1915 Carnegie grant: resembles the Classical Revival Type A buildings found in the USA.
No longer in use.
Photo postcard printed by Lovelady Studios of Port Arthur and Fort Williams of Ontario, another city (Thunder Bay) of merged communities.
Galt, now Cambridge
Several communities now comprise Cambridge.
The Galt Carnegie grant came in 1902, and the building is no longer extant, possibly due to the 1948 flood. Its architect was Fred Mellish.
The Warwick Bros. & Rutter postcard was mailed in 1909.
An unusual neoclassical building, built in 1905, and still in use. It was designed by W. Frye Colwill. Guelph has seven branch libraries.
The German postcard was mailed in 1907, and shows its age badly.
1909 grant. Its architect was A.W. Peene. Demolished.
Valentine-Black card, printed in Great Britain.
Heliotype brand card mailed in 1936 to Wisconsin.
1910 grant: opened 1915. In 1967, the library moved from the Carnegie building into an older, Romanesque building, formerly used as a Customs Office, among other govermental functions.
The Carnegie building is now in use as a restaurant, of all the unusual things.
Currently 33 branches and 2 bookmobiles comprise the Capital City's public library system.
(L) Valentine & Sons' cards were produced for Canada as well as the US. No legible postmark.
(R) Tinted card bearing an Edward VII stamp on the photo side was mailed to the United States in 1911.
1901 grant. Its architect was E.L. Horwood.